Friday, January 26, 2007

Electronic devices and the cold

Cold weather makes for lost data on the powertap I found out. Two days in a row I'm able to put some time on the road and nothing to show. Yesterday it blanked out several times leaving me with nothing to download. Today I figured "what the heck if it's too cold for it I'll just put it in an inside pocket after it starts up and that'll be that". It worked, all my data was still there when I got home. Hooked it up to the laptop and nothing! It must have lost it all again, time and date were reset 3 minutes ago per the display of 12:03. Crap! OK, so now I put in a new battery as Carter had suggested. I won't know if it fixed it or not as I'm indoor ridin for the next week per the weather man. I've been reinstalling Windows on my computer all night since it has been acting badly. I think I'm on my 10th reboot after updates now as the message keeps flashing on the screen.

2 comments:

CT said...

life;s too short for all this tech stuff - find an engineer or somebody - wait - you are an engineeer or somebody!

Brian said...

I already sent the PT people a nastygram about my problems