Wednesday, January 31, 2007

PowerTap 2.4 problems 2.0


Well I finally had it with this units display fading out and losing data. After back and forth emails of what I think the problem stems from, I have asked that a replacement be sent. It's obvious that a battery should last more than 4 hours of use before requiring replacement. I expect them to come through as they are just as baffled at why my unit is screwing up. Apparently no one else has reported this problem. That or they have a lot of disposeable cash to buy other units. In any case I hope the next one comes problem free. At least I still was able to get my data for the indoor ride before it reset itself.

3 comments:

CT said...

bummer. yep, yours is the only unit to have this problem.

Brian said...

CT- You have a non wireless unit that has been around for a while. the one I have, while having been tested in the pro tour last year, has only been available since late December

CT said...

I was kidding - I've heard of other having issues, such is new technology. I gave my older powertap unit and wheel to Renee. Brad With got a wireless unit with his new 808's.