Tuesday, August 5, 2008

So glad not to ride tonight

I was running late this morning so I drove to the Air Force base, parked my car and rode to work. I was planning on getting some miles in after work.
The plan was good til about 6:15pm when hell broke loose and the clouds opened up to drecnh it out. I ended up getting a ride to my truck from Victor, a coworker. the road were rivers. I had only seen stuff like this on reality TV. You know, the film footage where the car tries to cross a flooding creek and gets swept downstream with the driver left clinging to a signpost waiting for help.
The most amazing sight was trying to get to my truck on base. The road leading into the base was a river flowing outward. We got close before Victor's car stalled in the high water. Eventually I ended up taking off my shoes and wading through the gate and getting a lift to my truck.
As usually happens, it never really rained at my house. Only a bit of spit.

it'll be interesting what the results of this flooding will be.

No comments: