Sunday, September 7, 2008

fishing and stoves

It's been a while.


last weekend I headed up with the 'Stream and dogs to Alcova for some great fly fishing. Landed my largest ever on the N. Platte, a 22" rainbow. I landed only one fish under 17". The Tundra towed exceedlingly well for it's first time.

rods rigged, waiting by the door

after last year's ginormous propane bill, I've been planning on a pellet stove to provide some heating all summer. So I bought a stove and flue kit and spent yesterday installing it.


here it is on the hand cart before I started cutting holes in the walls for the vent and air intakes.

It wasn't that hard to install. I just hope I met all the code requirements.
I broke it in and tested it out. I think this will save me some dough this winter.
tomorrow is Monday. 2 more weeks till I leave for Vegas and InterBike.
I've been doing cyclocross training on my home course (back yard) I'll need to step it up for the Wheeler and Dealer Cross Vegas race on the 24th.

1 comment:

CT said...

pellet stoves are the ticket!

cold and gray here in evergreen. it is september yes? feels like, not september.