Sunday, October 7, 2007

Frisco Cross aka I got Girled


Frisco CX races were this weekend. the 2 dogs and I went down and showed. Day one was definitely a buttkicker. I finished 30 something. Same place I usually place in these races. I don't ever go into these thinking "gee, I might get top 10".

It's fun and challenging. It's just not my strong suit.

Georgia Gould, Luna Bar pro MTBer, passed me on the 2nd lap of many to go on and win the Cat 3 race. My teammate Kevin, snapped his chain so he was unable to give her a run for her money. Too bad because he is riding strong. I actually got double girled in this race as Team Giants Kelli Emmett passed me also.

I think Nikki and Axel got more public announcements by Dave Towle the MC than I did during their time with me during the mens open race.

Day 2 was supposed to bring snow/rain/cold. Awaking to sun (and bouncy dogs) I discovered that no snow had fallen (although the Cubs had fallen in 3 straight, swept by the D-Backs)
Temps were in the 30s and rising. Perfect.
Course was a bit easier but my legs were still sore from the previous days effort. Melissa from Tokyo Joes passed me early and I did my best to stay with her before falling victim to my own tiredness and made a few mistakes that I could not recover from. I eventually finished 30th, just behind her.
Girrld again.
afterwards I took the dogs out for a mixer with the other CX dogs. Everyone says that they are so well behaved and that Nikki is the coolest looking dog they've seen. Dave Towle, the announcer, even had a few comments about my "killers".
Now I get to enjoy a 1 day holiday before going back to work on Tuesday,
thanks Chris Columbus

1 comment:

CT said...

girled shmirled. buck up. wear a parka. take epo. whatever it takes.