Friday, February 9, 2007

New Shoes!


Wow, my addiction has returned and with it the need for comfort. Since I couldn't find stock cycling shoes that could accomodate my orthotics and even though my Shimano R215Bs were as close to comfort as I could find, they still didn't eliminated the pain and hotspots that forced me to adjust strap tension constantly. Enter D2 Custom Shoes, after reading the writeup in Pez cycle news and talking at length with Dan or Don (D2 get it) I was convinced that this would be the way to go. I got my fit kit in and returned to them this week. Don (or was it Dan) called me back to go over any fit issues I may have and the style of riding that I do. Comfortable with what we discussed it was now time to choose a color. I has asked earlier about colors other than what was listed and was lucky enough that they were working on some Team Slipstream (TIAA-CREF) shoes with orange and blue. Always one to show some color I was really interested in them. Lucky for me they had extra material left over from the TS shoes and I did not have to pay extra for the choice. Here is an example of the color scheme. I think it's sweet. They should look good with the new team kit which is just as bright. They should be ready mid March. That's when I'll take a road trip down to the shop to pick them up. This will also allow them to make any corrections to the fit while I ride a stationary bike (hopefully) ensuring that no return trips are needed.

1 comment:

CT said...

looks like enough room to put swimming goldfish in the heel.