Sunday, May 20, 2007

N Boulder Crit

There are a few ways to drop out of a race.
1. The easy way like I did in the 35+ race because of side cramps
2. The painful, skin and ligament shredding while falling on your shoulder when another rider falls in front of you at 30mph giving you no way to escape as what happened in the P-1-2 race.
I guess you could say that I was lucky. I didn't break anything and the bike was in one piece. But tell that to my shoulder that feels like, at a minimum, a strained rotator. As I type this I am full under the effect of 2 Percosets and ice on the shoulder in an effort to numb the pain enough to allow me to sleep. It must have been my turn to crash as it seems lately out team has been finding their way to the pavement quite regularly lately. I really appreciate my teammates for everything that they did for me after the crash. Carter, who was with Nikki watching the race, helped me immensely. He got me to the hospital and stayed with me to meke sure everything was all right. DK watched after Nikki and brought me a couple boxes of Tegaderm. And everyone else was checking in or calling to see how I was. I have to stop now I'm having problems focusing feeling a bit nauseous from the meds

1 comment:

CT said...

We are all hoping its not a rotator injury. You will be well in no time at all.