Sunday, June 1, 2008

Dirt Weekend

2 days of riding the Stumpjumper on parts of the Enduro course in preparation for the pain to come. 70 miles and tons of climbing over 2 days have left me feeling strangely... stronger. after day one I was really tired and sore. but after day 2 I felt great, just a little tired. I even took a sprint around the A loop of single track at Curt Gowdy state park on a S-Works Epic compliments of Specialized bikes demo unit. That bike performed like a true race horse and even though I was tired, I easily rode my fastest lap ever for the 5 mile loop. I usually never rave about a bike much as I generally think of them as tools to reach the finish line. Some are stiffer, some are lighter, and some ride smoother than others. I really don't think it matters much as long as you are properly sized to the bike and you like the ride. I think this is the first bike I ever rode in which I was raving for minutes after getting off of it. I am so stoked that I have a job that allows me to get the best equipment in the sport I love at cost or below. I can't wait til January so I can get an '09 S-Works Epic. Time to start selling all the other bikes in preparation.

1 comment:

Chris said...

I can't believe U can actually ride a bike at a place named after Curt Gowdy, aren't U suppose to fish in a place like that?