Monday, June 11, 2007

Am I back?

To answer this question I headed down to do the club's 7.7mile TT this evening to get schooled by JC after his sweep of the Colorado Senior games. I didn't expect much more than sore legs after 3 days of climbing. Wind was out of the south, a cross wind, not much help but not a headwind. Probably the most ideal neutral conditions to be found.
Motivated by the performance of Boonen's prologue TT at the Dauphine Libere, I accelerated out of the saddle sat shifted and sprinted out of the saddle again before settling in on my ride.
My body was rock solid on the TT bars, a product of achieving the ideal bike fit this past winter.
Riding along at about 34 MPH I didn't think that I was on par for for a record as there were times last year that, with tailwind, we were hitting almost 50MPH.

I crossed the line in 13:56

I was elated to hear that I had finally beat John on this course. It's a friendly rivalry and he has definitly helped me to improve my TT.

Then I was told that I had set a new course record breaking the old record by 6 seconds.
That was a goal I had set out for last year but found it difficult to reach.
Now I need to reassess my goals for the TT
Only 10 more club TTs to try and improve on this time.
Hopefully this form carrys over to Dead Dog and High Plains

No comments: