Saturday, June 2, 2007

I ride, therefore I am

Whew, after not riding for a week, riding 3 1/2 hours of hills and wind kicked my butt. I headed out to the Bicycle Station to meet up with the CCC for the Saturday ride after watching most of the VeloNews online live updates of the Giro TT (DiLuca maintains lead). I felt good for most the ride up until the last 7 miles that saw me hit the wall on the face of a 20 MPH headwind. I actually got leg cramps, something that I had not felt in a while. After a couple hours of vegetating (and medicating for the shoulder pain), I headed outside for yardwork. Invasive weed erradicating to be precise. I ripped out all the *species unknown* bad guys before they had time to flower and spread. and along the way discovered that my neighbor was using my property for their compost pile. At least the guys mother came over to appologize for the mistake made by them to cross my property line. Just another reason to get a fence line up this year as I knew it was a matter of time before something like this happened on the far side of my property where the "trailer trash" bordered my acreage.
Shoulder MRI scheduled for Monday and Orthopedist on Friday. Just a week away from knowing the damage. In other news, I've figured I have spent well over $150 in bandages, tape, gauze, Tegaderm, and a new set of gloves since the crash 2 weeks ago. Another month of wound repair and I should be ready for surgery (if that is what it takes to fix my shoulder)
next post: City Park Crit - Masters Criterium Championships

No comments: