Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Ouch!

Working late hours means you have to train when you can. Tonight meant an hour training ride on the Mtn bike with the new lighting system. I decided to get the dogs out for a few miles first. this meant riding a loop that we normally do in the daylight. Unfortunatly I decided to change the loop up without telling the dogs. Approaching an inersection at near 20mph I decided to go straight. I remember a blur as Nikki streaked into my lighting area. Next thing was me rolling on the ground after I hit my head and hip. So much for an evening ride. Riding home on adrenaline, I made it home where I assessed damages.
Abbrasions to the left hip, lump on the back of my head, arm sore and back a bit sore but sure to be worse tomorrow.
Oh, and the bike suffered a scratch on the pedal cap and grip. Otherwise no worse for wear.

time to heal

5 comments:

Chris said...

U R getting too old to be changing your coarse big bro!

Smoke said...

You may be able to teach your dog new tricks, but you my friend are too old to learn how to fly!

Brian said...

Flying was the easy part. I need to figure out the landing part.

Jo on the go said...

Of course you and the bike are OK. But how is Nikki????

Brian said...

Nikki is fine, although I think the faint scar across her snout may have been from the collision.