Sunday, May 4, 2008

first weekend in may

Got through a weekend of good weather and no races cleaning house.
I started my Saturday early, 6:30am, when I found out that Nikki couldn't control her bladder while lying on the bed. After stripping off all my linens and comforter covers and throwing them in the wash I went back to bed and slept until 9:30. After breakfast I spent some time putting up a new ceiling fan to replace an ugly chandelier light that was hanging in the area that would be the dining area if I ever wanted it to be. Set up sprinklers for the dry grass and trees and Got out the Specialized Stumpjumper Test Bike that I took from the shop since my bike hadn't arrived yet. I tired the dogs out with a fast hour ride. That was my Saturday.
Sunday was cleanup day for all the stuff that had been accumulating over the past 2 weeks on my counters and bedroom floor. But not before I had loaded the dogs up and drove up the road to Curt Gowdy state park for some mtn biking with the test bike. This time it was a fast 2 hours on single track and climbs tiring the dogs and me out. Then it was back to town to gas up and return the bike as I would be commuting by bike most of the week and it's kinda hard to carry a bike on my shoulders while riding 20 miles. Got back home and cleaned up the rest of the house.
Now it's time for bed and the start of another week of work.

1 comment:

Chris said...

U just wanted to be like me w/the light, but that's ok, I know I'm the best! I've got the waiver ready for your airstream, they acually sent a notice saying all we have to do is contact the hoa and get it approved, cool!