Sunday, May 18, 2008

Wheels of Thunder/ Coal Miners Classic

after a week of hardly any riding due to weather and other stuff I had a weekend of races. I lasted only 42 minutes of a 60 min race on Saturday. It was to be expected. Then with much thought I decided to race Sunday even if I get shelled off the back early (a costly race given that it's $30 and gas is $3.65 and it's 200 miles round trip)
I did better than expected even though I couldn't hold a position near the front of the race for more than 1/4 a lap and even thought about dropping 20 minutes into the 60 minute affair. I had a last lap adrenaline surge that found me move up to 4th wheel through the first corner that I maintained til just before the last corner. I finished 13th which was 9th in the field sprint to the line as there was a breakaway that finished right before us. Not bad for not being in prime form yet.

To maintain the intesity it may be hard as there are no races that I'm planning on doing in the next 6 weeks
31 May Hugo: Drive all that way (410 milesround trip) for an 80 mile training race? I don’t think so
1 June City Park: 7:30 start time for Masters? Maybe the Pro-1-2 painfest at 12:30
7&8 June State TT and a Hill Climb? Nope good luck to the rest of the team
14&15 June Glenwood Springs: If I can get time off to travel I would like to do these otherwise another dead weekend
21&22 Rist Canyon RR and Hill Climb: Probably not unless my power to weight ratio is >4
and 6 weeks later…
28&29 Dead Dog SR: FINALLY this race I will do

Then July at last. Almost a race every weekend for me.
Bring on July!!

1 comment: