Sunday, July 6, 2008

Niwot Criterium, Whoo Hoo!

I'm feeling pretty good after 1 race and 30 minutes of another. No cramps or tight muscles, just as much power as my legs could put out and no more.
In the 35+ race I rode well and even though it rained a bit I never succumbed to the crashes that started littering the field. I found myself hoping the rain would never stop as it was keeping me in the race well positioned because I was taking lines through the corners that others were not so confident on in the wet. Unfortunately the rain stopped and the road dried up making for a fast last 5 laps. I ended up running out of steam on the last lap and finished 18th. Not bad but it could have been better.
I ended up doing the Pro 1-2 race for an extra effort to help speed along my 2nd half season fitness. I hung pretty tough for having already raced once, eventually dropping off the back with another rider with whom I traded pulls with before pulling myself out before the lead moto caught us. 30 minutes of intensity, about 15 more than I was hoping for.

This is my favorite time of the season with all my favorite races. Next week is Longmont, another good race. It even has a beer garden.

No comments: